[A83] Re: Shading (OT fastcopy)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Shading (OT fastcopy)

At 05:32 2001-10-01, you wrote:

>In my opinion, a better way would to use bit 1 of port 2. This will be zero
>if the LCD driver is busy, and nonzero if it's ready...So you could loop:
>I'm not sure if the loop overhead would be better or worse, but this would
>let you wait the exact delay that's needed and no longer.

The problem is, this would give you a too long delay.
the amount you have to wait is quite consistent. So a fixed delay, closer
to this amount is better then your alternative that has a delay interval of
n30+7, that is, the shortest delay possible in your loop is 25, then the
next is 55, 85, and so on.
I don't remember the exact delay needed but I think its somewhere in the
range 20-40. That intervall of yours is too big to make it efficiant.
And, you don't have to just waste cycles in the delay, if you look at the
ionfastcopy, it does useful work in the delay between the out:s too.

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: