[A83] Re: Ideas.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ideas.

> Van: James Matthews <jmatthews@generation5.org>
>
> Well, this thread has taken an interesting turn. :) I'll let you guys
> handle the interpreter. I wrote a simple Z80 emulator to test some
> of my ideas of digital evolution (it was actually really interesting,
> self-replicated code took over the RAM)...but used ZDS to assemble
> all my code.

I once thought of writing such a 'replicator program' (virus), but the
problem I stumbled upon that the Z80 can't thread. The execution path is
always linear (ah well, could use the int(s) for a second (and third)
thread). How did you overcome that?

Or did you mean with "Z80 emulator" a cellular automata emulator running on
a Z80?

> Anyway, I think writing a BASIC interpreter would be a project a bit
> larger than something I'd like to committ to. Anymore ideas?
>
> I'm always interested in writing tools that help developers (look at what
> I've done recently: AppGuru, convbmp, convhex and MenuCreator) and I've
> got a few ideas there:
>
>   - The DevHelp app I was talking about.
>   - Looking into various link ideas.

A on-calc linking programs between all calcs? Okay, since about all
programs are platfrom dependant this seems a bit stupid, but with texts,
leveldata, etc. it can be handy.

>   - Creating more GUI libraries for applications.

See http://z88dk.sf.net/ plenty of graphics routines (in CVS), maybe most
of them a bit too generic, but.. they do work :-)

> After creating menu code, I looked at list code as well and how to
> integrate that in. Perhaps extend that to things like selection screens
> and other TI-GUI elements.
>
> I'm just writing all of this down for ppl to comment on. Like I said, I
> really don't wanna work on something that someone is going to use or care
> about.

You say that you want to make programs that nobody wants to use? Typo :-)

	Henk Poley <><