[A83] Re: Ideas.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ideas.

> Good luck there :)  I looked at that already.  It uses all the MFC classes.
> It'd be easier to start from scratch using STL containers.

Yeah, it's kinda ironic to make something GPL, and then use mfc classes wich
you can't distribute :-) Think it might be even violating the GPL

> What TASM specific features are needed?  I see a lot of junk like ".nolist"
> in sources, but I don't think that is really needed.  Can all that crap just
> be ignored?  It seems to me that everything Assembly Studio 8x does is fine.

Macro's and syntax are the most important.
With syntax I mean the way you use .db, .dw, .ds, labels, [label] + 2*5^3,
hex nubers, binary numbers and decimal numbers...

Essentially, if you can compile a program written for tasm under it
(maybe ignore the .list and .nolist statements...), it's good.
Oh, maybe the include files in include files would be nice to have...

Another approach might be making it ZDS (instead of tasm?) compatible, since
that's becoming a standard too...

> I'd also like local labels.  The method I used in gbasm, my gameboy
> assembler, was to have all labels starting with @ be local.  Local labels
> aren't special.  They are essentially macros:

Adding extra features is always nice ;-)

--Peter-Martijn

> Stuff:
> @foo:
> Blah:
>
> The label "foo" only has scope after "Stuff" and before "Blah".  A couple
> questions come up with this approach.  How do you access a label from
> outside the block, and how do you use it within macros.  My suggestion is to
> merely expand the character, so that the label would become "Stufffoo".  You
> never need labels, so in macros, simply use the $+x syntax.
>
> > I'd start at z80asm (found in the z88dk) or asxxxx (found in SDCC), you
> > could also try to port the TASM compatible assembler of Asm Studio 8x.

Follow-Ups: References: