[A83] Re: Ideas.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ideas.

hmm, I'll think about it. It's just that I 'hate' TI-BASIC because it
calculates with floats only. And when you get into making a better BASIC
interpreter then you might as well add some other good things.

I'll also ask some people who use other Z80 platforms (MSX2, CPC,
Commodore), they might know some interesting 'special abilities' of the
different BASIC languages.

> That's a good idea.  Are you willing to help design the language?  We had
> this discussion on A86, and I even volunteered to write the compiler, but
no
> one was interested in helping.  An interpreter would be at least an order
of
> magnitude slower than a compiled version of the same program, but if all
the
> time cricital routines (like sprites) are done in optimized assembly,
then
> it might not matter too much.
>
> > One thing I would like to have is a better BASIC interpreter, but I
don't
> > know if that's anything within your scope. With things like peek(),
> > poke(),
> > better label handling (pointers vs. searching), spriteing, graphical
> > backbuffers, subroutines, other BASIC progs callable as routines
> > (Ti89/92[+] style), file handling, types (char, int, float), etc.
Making