[A83] Re: Upgradable Calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Upgradable Calcs

rpg's dont really need speed.  they do however need lots of space.  this is
what i figure appvars are for.  i intend to make the scripts appvars.  i
figure you could have a program that fills an appvar, then delete it
later.  then you would put on the actual rpg program (with all of the
routines), that would run the game using the data inside the appvar.

At 07:38 PM 11/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I was sitting here reading all the ideas for an RPG with scripting
>support, and I thought of this:
>
>Wouldn't it be nice if TI released a calc with hardware upgradeability?
>Such as faster processors, more RAM, things like that?  Sure, the casual
>user wouldn't use them, but if you're a z80 programmer, they'd be
>nice.especially for RPG's, and programs that need speed.maybe if TI put
>an expansion port on the calcs for the RAM or processor to plug into.
>Probably 2 of them so you could use the RAM and processor at the same
>time.
>
>Anybody else think this would be cool, or am I just having one of those
>spaced-out daydreams?

Follow-Ups: References: