[A83] Re: Motorola 68k vs. Zilog z80

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Motorola 68k vs. Zilog z80

At 04:49 PM 11/18/2001 +0000, you wrote:

>Now I have "found" a rom from the Ti-89(which is 100
>times better then the Ti-83-), I wonder what the major differences between
>the processors are.

Well, 68K gives you 7 (or 8, i forget) registers for addressing and another
7 (or 8) for data.  The registers can aslo be accessed by 8,16, or 32 byte
chucks, so you don't have to combine registers for big numbers (like bc,
de, and hl).  The instruction mnemonics are also longer than 3 letters
(yeah, so that could be made for a Z80 assembler, but hey) The instructions
are also a lot more numerous, fo doing special things really fast.  Anyway,
if you want to write fo the 89, there is a C compiler (TIGCC) that works
wonders.