[A83] Re: Storage + Fat binaries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Storage + Fat binaries

Though you could write a shell that lets programs start at e.g. 9D00,
and then call to it.

BTW, I got an idea about Fat Binaries, like the mac uses...
It'd kinda look like this:
[header]
.db "Identifier"
.db 83_start
.db 83p_start
.db shared_size
.db 83_size
.db 83p_size
.db "Program_name",0
[Shared Lib's]
Shared code, routines to call to....
maybe with something like
"
call do_it
.dw offset
"
[TI83 part]
Bunch of code...
...more code
[Ti83+ part]
Bunch of ti-83 plus specific code....
[end]

a "compatible" shell, could then load the part of the needed program to the
right starting point and load the shared_code at the end of the selected
program code. (so you get [.org address][program code][shared code])

the shell could contain a "shared lib caller", that'd jump to the
shared lib starting address + offset (maybe in bcall style...)

Though it would kinda double the program size, it'd let you be able to
transfer games err... programs to and fro between an 83- and an 83+

Anyone like it?
--Peter-Martijn