[A83] Re: Problems with Virtual TI [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Problems with Virtual TI [OT]

Yeah, NT has always been stable.  People go from 98 or ME to XP and ooohh,
it's stable!  When in reality, it's worse than NT or Win2k.  You have have a
Linux machine lock up so that you can't use the keyboard, but you can almost
always SSH in and kill the offending process.  There is the magic sysreq
key, and I believe is similiar to what you are talking about.

> Just like NT4 (I think). Linux hasn't got this ability, but it should be
> 'easy' to make a kernel hack that gives you a nice prompt which asks what
> processes to kill. Kinda like redundant maybe, since you can just open
> another console... Might be nice if it had a graphical interface.

Follow-Ups: References: