[A83] Re: Uncharted capabilities of the 83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Uncharted capabilities of the 83+

Hehe, not harmful?! My screen misses 5 lines. Sometimes they display
normally, but after a while they just drop out again. And I guess that's
because of all the BLODs I've had. It just looks like some circuit burned
half through. And belief me, missing lines on your screen is quite annoying.

> From: "Peter-Martijn Kuipers" <hyper@hysoft-automation.com>
>

> Ah, the old Blue Line(s) Of Death,
> these are the result of the lcd driver overpowering the lcd screen while
in
> test mode, it isn't usable, nor real harmful.
>

> > One day I was screwing around with my calc when it was running an
Assembly
> > program (pressing random buttons, etc) when it blanked out.  I pressed
the
> > "On" button expecting to see the "Ram Cleared" screen, when I saw a blue
> > line.  I repeat, a blue line.  I pressed Enter.  The blue line shifted
> > another part of the screen.  I pressed Enter repeatedly, each time the
line
> > shifted, leaving a green aftershadow.  I had to use my calc for real, so
> > took a battery out and reset it (oddly, without clearing the Ram), and
went
> > about my business.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I tried to recreate the situation but was unable to.
But, I
> > swear that it was color on a TI 83 Plus!  Can anyone give me an answer
or
> > have a similar story?
> >
> > Gah!  I need to know!

Follow-Ups: References: