From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of
Mike3465@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:58 PM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: Faster Multiplication

Well, if people could figure out better multiplication and division
functions(anyone know of one for division?) and install those on the
processors, we could boost the fps on games quite easily, because 3d is so
heavily multiplication and division.  For example, to get a 3d point into 2d
cordinates(lets forget about multiplication and scalling and what ever):
x = x*(screen width/2(i think thats what the value is))/z;
y = y*(ditto)/z;

see the reason that 3d is so slow? thats 2, maybe 3 multiplication and
division things to do(I think thats the general way to do it.)

But then we also have to get into the texture mapping and what ever.

But as it stands right now, they are trying to speed up the texture mapping,
light/shadows, and so on.  But anyways, I should also say that, the 83
programs are graphically lesser then most windows programs, but also,
windows
games probably use a level of alpha blending, which is a pain multiplication
ways, unless you use a rather large preset and what not.

But anyways, I'm just saying, that I personally go for speed and size,
favoring speed of course, but I never even seen anything like that.... Or
anything even remotly close.

Follow-Ups: References: