[A83] Re: decompiling a romshot

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: decompiling a romshot

> Thanks, Tijl en Peter.
> It actually worked. Decompiling the VTI romdump (including Flash Memory like
> groups, programs). It took exactly41 minutes and 36 seconds. Now I have
> another problem. How do I edit the 9.57-MB-file?!?! :o~
use Emacs, at least in a linux environment it has no problems with those kind of large files. I haven't tested long files with the dos port yet, but it should work.

> Actually, I just want to edit the OS, not the other mem. Does someone still
> have an original 1.10 BaseCode from TI?

I still use rom 1.10, and I have a 1.10 vti romshot lying around somewhere.

I could redump it with an empty calc ... (dang, i'll have to use windows again to do that :-)

BTW: What are you trying to achieve by decompiling it?

--Peter Martijn

> >> From: "Ronald Teune" <rtwolf@gmx.net>
> >>
> >> Uhm... what *is* a romshot actually?
> >
> >Just a 'picture' of the rom, so a rom dump actually
> >
> >Tijl Coosemans

> >Want a free mail at http://www.mail.be ?
> >

> >It's like a screenshot, but this time, it's not an image of the bytes on
> >the screen, but an image of the bytes in the entire rom. It's also called
> >rom-image, rom-dump or ROM for short. It is used in the emulators like
> emu8x
> >and !VTI!.
> >
> >It contains all of the the programming TI put in the calculator so it'd
> >probably be illegal to disassemble (it is when you downloaded a new OS from
> >TI's website, read the disclaimer. I can't remember if they put such a
> >disclaimer on the software wich comes with the calc initially, so... :-)
> >
> >--Peter Martijn
> >

> >> Uhm... what *is* a romshot actually?
> >>
> >> Ronald

> >> partial