[A83] Re: decompiling a romshot

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: decompiling a romshot

It's like a screenshot, but this time, it's not an image of the bytes on the screen, but an image of the bytes in the entire rom. It's also called rom-image, rom-dump or ROM for short. It is used in the emulators like emu8x and !VTI!.

It contains all of the the programming TI put in the calculator so it'd probably be illegal to disassemble (it is when you downloaded a new OS from TI's website, read the disclaimer. I can't remember if they put such a disclaimer on the software wich comes with the calc initially, so... :-)

--Peter Martijn