[A83] Re: Compression

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Compression

About that Huffman compression:

I've played with it a little lately, and am I correct in assuming that
the resulting compressed data is in certain sizes?
e.g.
100 bytes >  87 bytes
107 bytes > 87 bytes
120 bytes > 87 bytes

150 bytes > 134 bytes
160 bytes > 134 bytes
145 bytes > 134 bytes

Sizes and resultes comression are fixtional to illustrate my point...

Also, Is there a better compression way to compress blocks of 240 bytes
text, or should I just put 3 or 4 blocks together and than compress them?

An idea to provide the nessecary 1024 bytes:
Make a program wiht size 1024, and use that as a temporal file. You can
delete it afterwards.

--Peter Martijn