[A83] Re: 83 help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 83 help

Well, I was going to try to squash it, but i wasnt sure what squash was from
the description it gave. Also, i tried RLE compression and it took it down
by only a few bytes. I am coding it in notepad, then i run tasm and then
obj83 to convert em into a 83p file. I make the picture in neopaint, and set
it to 256 colors lik eit says to do for pic83, but i only use black and
white. I tried to convert it to a 1 bit black and white but pic83 wont read
it. I did find a bmp converter than changes from 1 bit bmp's to the code
(alot of .db statements) I can get the image down to 830bytes but the .db
statements equal to about 3k for some reason. And when i run it through tasm
and obj83. I was thinking of squish but like i said, i read the readme on it
and i still didnt understand what it did too clearly. But the name kinda
gives it away :)

Hey, dont worry i have made way dumber mistakes in my programming career.
You wouldnt beleive how many times my system has crashed just for a
mispelled command or forgetting to add a loop break...and not only that, but
in over 7 different languages...I'd spend days on end changing, recoding and
recompiling over and over and over and resetting my system just because i
commented something out and didnt realize it. As programmers, i assume you
know how the late night programming sessions go. Dunno bout you but i always
get my ideas right as i am going to bed at 4am so i cant sleep till i get up
and code a working demo...anyways, i aprriciate your help so plz keep giving
me suggestions.

Dustin Davis
Lead Software Developer
Vision Works Studios