[A83] key setup in my game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] key setup in my game

I am making a skateboarding game and currently I have the controls set up
so 2nd is ollie.  When you land on a rail and you don't press anything, you
do a 50-50.  When you land on a rail and you're pressing alpha, you do a
nosegrind.  When you land and you're pressing mode, you do a boardslide.
I'm going to try and implement heelflips and kickflips etc. but I've kind
of run out of easy-to-reach keys.
I was wondering if I should make the keys similar to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
in that you do something like hold down mode and an arrow key and depending
on the arrow key you do a different railslide (i.e. mode+up = 5-0,
mode+right= nosegrind, mode+left=boardslide mode=50-50 etc) and if you hold
down alpha and an arrow you do a different flip trick (i.e.
alpha+down=kickflip, alpha+up=heelflip, alpha+right=varial)
I was wondering if this key setup would be easy enough for most users to
understand.  If I were to use this setup, I would put an in-calc help file
on how to use the keys.  This would also allow for much more tricks... I
just need to know if it's easy enough for everyone to get.

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com