[A83] Re: help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: help!

At 11:07 AM 3/20/01 GMT+00:00, you wrote:

>I have a question. How do I do a equation like this, I will use it in a
battle engine in an RPG. The problem is that all the numbers are 16-bit. In
this example I use the players strenght and attack values to define a damage:

>(PLAYER STRENGHT / 2) + (PLAYER ATTACK) + (int rand(PLAYER ATTACK+1 >
PLAYER ATTACK / 3)

>thanks
>Alex

Through careful balancing and other things, you can cut those down to
8-bit.  Sure, it looks impressive for some big attack to flash 999, but it
isn't really necessary.  Look at DND.  The numbers never get that huge.