[A83] Re: Can I have a small explanation "D Weiss?"

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Can I have a small explanation "D Weiss?"

HALT: Waits 1/200th of a second for an interrupt.  Relitively nice to
batteries.  (don't use it if interrupts are disabled)

_Getcsc: Gets a key without pausing.

A: The accumulator register, the coolest of all.  This one byte register is
used in the most commands, and is the only one used for 8-bit math and
conditionals (if's).

If you're not familiar with registers, they're like variables.

Interrupts are used by the calculator to blink the cursor, update the busy
counter, sample the keyboard, check for silent linking, and other background
stuff.  They are also used in TSR's (such as NOPROGS)