[A83] Need HELP Badly!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Need HELP Badly!!!

Hey everyone,
I have a BIG problem. I modified an asm factoring program I wrote, and sent
it to my calc. When I ran it, it turned the calc off. It is an 83 PLUS. When
I turned it back on, it was still running. Then it turned the calc off. No
matter how many times I tried, it always did the same thing. I took the
batteries out during the two seconds it stayed on, but no ram reset. The
program still ran. I even took out the backup, but no effect. So I called
TI. They told me to take out ALL of the batteries, including the backup, and
leave the calc alone for 24 hours. Guess what? No effect! Well, actually,
instead of saying
Asm(ASMFACT)
there are a bunch of random dots all over the screen. They are in the same
places every time I turn the calc on. They also seem to be arranged in
colums, like there was some invisible text. The calc still turns itself off.
I tried the battery pull again, but it does nothing. I know it is not my
fault, because the only changes I made to the prog were the text displayed
and removing an "inc a", which wouldn't have mattered until later in the
program. It works fine in Virtual TI. I am guessing that there is a glich in
TI-OS. I have included the source, but compile at your own risk! It is
$62.73 to fix it, so it is worth buying a new one and taking this one apart.
I am willing to try any solution (ie put a magnet next to the hard drive,
but I don't know where that is), as I have nothing to lose! Thank you
everyone!!!
                     Sincerely,
                     Nicholas Reichert