[A83] Re: Thanks to All Who Helped Me

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Thanks to All Who Helped Me

>  I can't think of a single
> reason why anybody would need to develop pure ASM except to write a shell.

I can:

Suppose: you have really dumb classmates who barely can figure out how to run a
basic program, and you want to program a utility of game for them... I'll use
regular 83+ Asm when doing so... (Ofcourse, you could spend 80 hours trying to
learn using a shell to them) (Really, it happens sometimes. Last year I
exchanged regular 83 programs with Ion programs on a few of my classmates
calcs. I had to listen to them blaming me for erasing all of their games for
weeks...)

2nd reason:
you're programming a program that will be a flash app (just try doing that when
calling shell routines like fastcopy :-)

Anyway, is there a way to make a program do one thing when run from within TIOS
and another when started from Miragos???
(like :

.org 9d93
.db $BB,$6D
call TIOS_Part
ret
Mirageos_part:
...program...
)

Greets,
Peter Martijn Kuipers

P.S.
I'm the only one in my class who owns an 83+, (bought it last summer) rest of
my class has 83's