[A83] program pointers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] program pointers

I need to know the end of the program (that's running). If I'm right I can
find this by reading the first pointer to a file from the VAT:

	ld	hl,(PROGPTR - 2)	;HL = end_of_program

Am I right? Or can there be other variables (like reals, GDBs, pictures,
etc.) directly after the executing program? If so, how should I
get a pointer to the end of my program?

And NO, it can't be done via a simple "end_of_program:" at the end of my
assembly file. Because I'm using a different assembler (one with a linker)
and files get linked after the main routine).

	Henk Poley