[A83] Re: question about enemy movement!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: question about enemy movement!

Something in your game is way too slow.  If you are scrolling the map when
the player walks, then that might be your problem.  You may cosider not
moving the enemies while the map is scrolling (though that's kinda cheesy).
Or you may have very slow sprite routines.  In Zelda 86, it uses tripple
buffering, and everything is redrawn every single frame.  It only slows down
a bit when you get over 10 things on the screen at once (and that could be
fixed with a little work).  The other problem is that you might not have
suffiicient delays in your game.  If you aren't delaying at all in the main
loop, then anytime something uses up more cpu time than before, it's going
to make the whole game slow down.

> I'm trying to do a zelda-type game. I have done all the basic work already
such
>  as the map, hit collision etc. What I need help with now is to the enemy
> movement. The enemies aren't supposed to have any AI. They're just
supposed to
> walk back and fourth controlled by randomize numbers. I have done this but
it
> kinda sucks in my game. The enemies moves fast when you don't move your
> character but when you move they and the whole game slows down. How should
I do