From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Henk Poley
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 12:32 AM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: Malloc

Oh thank you, I didn't know Ti had also packed some info in their SDK about
the safe RAM areas... The problem only is that, the APD-buffer could/will
be used by the grayscale routine.Wwe now use an in-program buffer, not very
conveniant, plus you can't write to there in an App. In some time there
will also be some file-handling routines, which *could* also use the
(un)archiving routines in the ROM, which overwrite the tempswap area. But
until then, the space there is enough.
I could also chose for statvars, it will be much more difficult to
implement using statistics in C then creating file-routines.

> Has the base code problem with z88dk been fixed? The last time I looked
at
> it, it required more than 9kb just for the C startup code.. that's
> ridiculous. You'd only be able to write 7kb worth of C code (fills up
pretty
> fast when it's C), before you'd go into a 32kb slot.

Huh?

I know there is/was some sort of space problem, because of the VT-ANSI
engine (text display). This routine takes about 4-5kb, from which 2kb alone
is the printf() routine, and the rest is character-sprite data + sprite
clipping routine. But if you use the non-ansi routines things are much
smaller because these use the TIOS built-in routines.

BTW: I've already got some programs in sizes of 800 bytes (demo samples),
and some game (DStar) which is 3kb. So I don't exactly know what you are
talking about (sorry)...