[A83] Re: Making Commercial apps using the freeware key

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 06:37 PM 6/26/01 +0200, you wrote:

>I just got the following idea about making commercial apps with the
>free key. (It's just hypothetical)
>
>If you could check the calculator ID from within a program,
>(1st assumption)
>
>then you could make some online program add the calculator ID to the end
of the program, sign the program, and give it away.

>in the app, you could then compare the (possibly encrypted) calculator ID
at the end of the program to the calculator id of the running calc.

I'm not seeing the point of making your own commercial apps.  THe whole
point of doing apps was this: (1) You take advantage of otherwised unused
program space (2) the programs you like are under a nice blue key and the
ones that are support files are not muddling things.

Follow-Ups: References: