[A83] Re: RFC TIDEV 0001.1 (was: Re: Re: Free App signing key) [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: RFC TIDEV 0001.1 (was: Re: Re: Free App signing key) [OT]

<snip>
>Alternativly, you can keep Archive Recover on your calc to recover the

Archive Recover? I thought it only existed for ti92! I should get it!

>programs.  But yes, for something like the shell to begin with, it might be
>useful to have it as an application.
>
>> -- The program is meant for educational purposes, such as, but not
limited
>to:
>>    Explaining a typical hypothetical situation in detail.
>>    Enhancing mathematic functions of the calculator
>>    Otherwise significally enhancing calculator performance / functioning
>...Perhaps, but I don't think you really need to make a big difference for
>programs meant for educational purposes.  The program should still be
>large/complex enough to take advantage of the app space, and fit all the
>other qualifications.
>

>> When to make / leave your program a program?
>>
>> You should leave your program a program if it meets ANY of the below
>> mentioned criteria:
>> -- The program makes intensive use of shell specific features
>> -- Your program makes intensive use of write-back
>...Well that's what appvars are for, but yes, it can be a pain to convert
>code if you use lots of write-back, especially if you use self-modifying
>code.
>
>> -- Your program is not original in the forementioned meaning.
>> -- Your program contains offensive, XXX-rated material, or infringes on
>>    existing copyrights. i.e: It wouldn't be signed by TI, if you had the
>>    Professional SDK. (Sorry Hays :-)
>...Well if your program contains offensive or XXX-rated material you
>probably shouldn't release it to begin with, but that's just my opinion :)
>
>> -- Your program is in BASIC :-)
>....I have to agree with this one, but actually, most of TI's DataMate and
>CBL/CBR applications are in BASIC :)

WHAT!?!?!? How do they make a BASIC app then?

>> -- Your program doesn't meet any of the criteria for making it an app.
>>

>> Furthermore, when making an app, you should try to do the following.
>> -- Make full use of the n * 16kb you fill up.
>....Definitely.  This is key.  This, in my opinion, should be the #1
>qualification.  If you can't fill up all the space for an application,
don't
>convert it!  An exception to this rule may come by every so often, but for
>the most part, anything that's not going to fill up the space can just be a
>program.
>
>> -- Make your gui as nice as possible.
>...Sure, though this depends in the specific application.  For example, I
>really don't want to spend any time making a nice graphical interface for
>Calcsys; it's just not neccesary.

Can't you add an automatic-alpha while hex-editing? It would make life so
much easyer!