[A83] Re: Z80 processor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Z80 processor

>The sega genesis also had a Z80... and a 68000. (that's TI83 + TI89)

>>Sure, I just mentioned it to see how long ago
>>they use the z80 in PC's

Some time ago I read about this. The article said that the intel8080 was
widely used in pc's, and some time later ex-intel guys started zilog with
the z80 as 8080 clone.

>>                             SUCKER
>>

>> >Apple II used a 6502, not a Z80.

And later they used the 68xxx (like in the amiga)  and in the powermacs the
powerpc 602 or something and now the PPC G3 and G4, like in the new amiga.