[A83] Re: Distance RAM clearer :-)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Distance RAM clearer :-)

> >> red white
> >> 1     0
> >> 1     1
> >> 0     1
> >> 0     0

> >> How do you get that extra signals?
> >
> >R - Red
> >W - White
> >0 - Zilch/Nothing
> >
> >Tn - Timeindex n
> >
> >  T1 T2
> >1 R  R
> >2 R  W
> >3 R  0
> >4 W  R
> >5 W  W
> >6 W  0
> >
> >This is the way if the routine is triggered by R = high or W = high
>
> Ah. I get it.
>
> ><snip>

> >> That needs timing and such, so you need extra hardware, right?
> >
> >Right :-)
> >But, best thing would be if it was kept ASAP (As Simple As Possible)

> >> That's possible, I think, with a clock-pulse routine, where the calc
> reads
> >> signals only when there's a clock pulse. This also needs extra hardware,
> but
> >> it's less complicated I think, and the program can be endlessly epanded.
> >> Another possibility would be to use out(00),a to acknowledge input.
> >
> >I don't think the problem is with the calc, A.F.A.I.K if the signal is sent
> any time in the delay, it will be picked up.
>
> Yes, but you have to know the time between T1 and T2, and tune the hardware
> to it.

Yes, but the time between reads can be longer than the time between sends, and thus can the time between send's be fixed on the fastest (battery-high) speed of the 83(+) cpu.

> In my version:
>
> signal:
>
>  1   0   1   1   0   0
> ___     _______
>    |   |       |
>    |___|       |_______
>

> clock:
> ___     ___     ___
>    |   |   |   |   |   |
>    |___|   |___|   |___|
>
> (monospaced font, notepad for windows users, YAM / ed for amiga users, emacs
> for linux users)
>
> Now you have to read the signal at each change of the clock.
> Oh. I was thinking of outputting data, ... well, this can also be used for
> inputting data.

Actually my idea was:

            --------------------
            |                  |
Button n    |                  |       Red/White cable
_/__________|                  --------|----------
            |                          |
            |  |--------------------|  |
            ---|Something that put's|--|
               |in a delay before   |
               |relaying the signal.|

General picture. Again, use fixed-width font (emacs/notepad)

My problem is making the delay-before-relay-thing.

> >(any corrections?)
> >
> >But, please elaborate you idea.
>
> I don't know what elaborate means, but I think I just did it.

Right!