[A83] Re: ports (OT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: ports (OT)

In accordance with the prophecy, Thomas J. Hruska uttered:

> At 10:53 AM 6/12/01 +0200, you wrote:
> <snip>
> >Linus
>
> What does the above line mean ?  I've seen it around before, but it only
> appears when people send mail from Linux-based machines (lft is a username
> on Linus' system, but I never understood what the 'owned process doing -bs'
> part means).

Sendmail adds that line because it (sendmail) was started by the user lft,
instead of root. "-bs" is just a flag given as an argument, i.e. the program was
invoked as "sendmail -bs".

Linus
--------------------------------------------- http://www.df.lth.se/~lft ---
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this document are not
	    necessarily those of the author. At least one of
 	    them belongs to Oscar Wilde, though he allows the
	    author to borrow it from time to time. Others may
	    belong to the small hairy man who lives in the
	    mouldy shoebox at the bottom of his garden, and who
	    probably uses his vast technical knowledge and
	    uncontrolled access to the author's telephone
 	    cable to tap into his Internet account and post
	    all manner of weird things without his knowledge
	    or consent, or at least that would explain a lot
	    of things.

-- .disclaimer of danielf@senet.com.au (Daniel Frankham)