[A83] Re: Another Official Statment from the Hays Corporation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Another Official Statment from the Hays Corporation

A color Casio screen would use a different driver since more
information would have to be sent to the LCD.  TI-86 (and below)'s LCDs
only keep track of the "on" or "off" state of the individual pixels.
With the Casio screens, the CPU has to keep track of not only "on"
or "off" state, but also amounts of Red, Green, and Blue.  That's why
the screens are incompatible.  Besides, even if they were the same,
casio doesn't make a calculator with an LCD the same size as the one
found in the TI-83.

> why cant you take out your ti83 screen and replace it with a color
casio one

> >From: "Ronald Teune" <rtwolf@gmx.net>
> >To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
> >Subject: [A83] Re: Another Official Statment from the Hays