[A83] Re: variable horizontal line routine?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 18:09 2001-06-01, you wrote:

>There's nothing inherently bad about it being in the loop if it saves bytes.

It is if you optimize for speed and that was the track I was into.
but hey, lets stop splitting hairs here, the small routine as it is now is
probably just fine.
My point was anyway to present a routine much better then the ipoint-based
one. (wich we all can agree would be horribly slow, both our routines are
probably done before it had plotted the first pixel or so), not presenting
the ultimate horizontal line routine :)

>features that you wouldn't need. Here's a modified routine, one byte bigger
>to include the OR (although it might not be necessary depending on the
>application):

I find it quite probable that you need the or, when you start mixing it
with sprites and stuff.
and as you say, only one byte (and 7 cycles) longer. I think that is
affordable to make it a bit more versatile.

can we be friends now please? :)

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: