[A83] Re: variable horizontal line routine?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 16:03 2001-06-01, you wrote:

>At 14:47 2001-06-01, you wrote:
> >copybytes:
> >   ld (hl),a
> >   inc hl
> >   ld a,$ff         ;write $ff to all the other bytes
> >   djnz copybytes
>

>ld (hl),$ff doesn't exist?
>
>if it doesn't you should anyway put ld a,$ff outside of the loop and do an
>extra ld (hl),a, otherwise it is a slowdown.
>we are optimizing for speed here, not size.

And the first partially filled byte, should be or:ed with the graphbuf, or
it would erase pixels it shouldn't erase.
I forgot about timeings too, the loop should be

     ld a,$ff
loop:
     inc hl
     ld  (hl),a
     djnz loop

not useing ld (hl),$ff, for one pass this loop is slower, but on an avarage
it is faster.

///Olle