[A83] GBDK

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] GBDK

(A bit to Kirk Meyer and a bit to all the other people interested)

I've heard from other people that the GBDK is "a beast". But that it was
this worse?

Just tried to compile the GBDK, got the source from CVS, and tried to
compile on my linux system. The horror, I know Linux freaks like to see how
far the compiler is in compiling the kernel or such sort of things... But
with compiling the SDCC compiler? Loads of *usefull* text, and at the end
some error... (not so usefull)

Tried "make clean", maybe he had let some old stuff hanging around...
Didn't work, also gotten an error on that (after a while). Didn't help if I
switched from Bash to Tcsh...

So it looks like Micheal Hope (it's his DK isn't it?), didn't update his
makefiles the last time (some 1.5y ago), I'll take a look at the SDCC
source, maybe that one does compile right.

	Henk Poley

BTW: taken a closer look at the GBDK Z80 library, it consists of a dummy
crt0, and some console-Z80 stuff, which should be some generic
consolehandling stuff (haven't gone in depth on that). That's all...