From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Hyperbyte
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 7:52 AM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: What is the problem with flash writes (in

This check is done in the boot code of the calculator.
This boot code is loaded from real Read ONLY Memory.
You could ofcourse remove the bootcode chip, and replace it, but
I think that would be rather dangerous.

Slightly better would be to hardwire the write enabled line to a
write-enabled state, and then simply write the OS to it.
(Would be nice to implement certain relly useful non-native math
functions into your TI83+ without teachers noticing it at all.)

--(Peter-Martijn)