[A83] Re: What is the problem with flash writes (in general)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: What is the problem with flash writes (in general)

> Van: Dan Englender <dan@calc.org>
>
> Yes, potentially it could, unless TI has something planned for the 96K
and
> want to use all of it.   (And TI *did* say they were planning to use the
RAM
> in a future OS version).
> An interesting thing to note, I just looked at my SE's extra RAM and it
has
> seemingly random data in it.  It's definitely not code, and it doesn't
seem
> to have any pattern as data either.  Probably it really is random data
> caused from a power loss or something.  It was just odd as I expected it
> be all zero's like last time I looked.

On the Ti83 at least when something in the TIOS has gone in an endless loop
(or so), when you pull out a battery (backup already out..) it somethimes
just keeps running, but you do see random dots apear on the screen. I don't
know if this is a mallfunction in the actually screenbuffer-RAM or that the
LCD driver itslef begins to "lose integerity".

But probably the random data are mainly caused by the "power failure" from
before you put in the batteries for the first time.

	Henk Poley