[A83] Re: Interrupt troubles [83, Ion]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Interrupt troubles [83, Ion]

> Van: Kirk Meyer <kirk.meyer@colorado.edu>
>
> Tricking the interrupt routine is hard, for some reason. You'd think it
> wouldn't even matter, since an interrupt doesn't even take nearly the
whole
> time to execute. But for some reason it does. The only things I can
> recommend are to eliminate use of shadow registers, or to paste a bit of
> TI's interrupt routine in, and call the key scanning routine from your
> interrupt routine. The problem with this is you'd have to find out the
> address of that routine -- bcalls in interrupts aren't good.

Okay, it seemed to be another problem then the interrupt code itself,
haven't come to a conclusion why... Now triple checked the header for
Venus, but it seems that there is some of the problem, if I use the
V-Explorer header (just an extension of the Venus header) then I don't have
any problems.

> On just a question, why is all of this being done to Z88DK? SDCC produces
> much much better code, as it has a real optimizer in it. All that would
have
> to be done is add some peephole optimizer code to it, and its output
would
> be quite streamlined for a C compiler. It even uses IX as the stack
pointer.

Okay, the SDCC is "being developed", but the (GB-)Z80 port of it is laying
on it's back for over a year by now, getting to know all the major/minor
flaws of the compiler would would take trial and error... And it would mean
I'll have to make all sorts of support myself, okay fun to do, but when I
saw that the z88dk is 'fully' supporting the Ti's, the choise was a bit
easier.

Another thing, the SDCC is quite good for the GB-Z80 (GameBoy-Z80), but the
Z80 port itself was (and is?) beta at the time I looked at it.

The main reason was also that there aren't much people around here who
would even try to help (about 3, if I remember).

	Henk Poley