[A83] Re: statvars...??? [Ti83+]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: statvars...??? [Ti83+]

> Van: Kirk Meyer <kirk.meyer@colorado.edu>
>
> I did mean LcdBusy in the other message, TI's provided wait routine.
> RestoreDisp would also work, and GrBufCpy sound like it might also work
but
> I don't know what that is.

Okay I'll just have to write a routine that does the appropriate in/out
stuff with LcdBusy inbetween for the Ti83+SE, the previous grayscale
version did it that way (it didn't call the ROM routine though), but I
thought that FastCopy should be faster ;-)

> Assuming the 83 is similar to the 85, then this info may help about port
3:
> http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/calcinfo/ti-ports.txt

No it isn't anything near the same (at least no memory mapped LCD). But
thanks, I'm going to change the Ti85 and Ti86 greyscale-routines eventualy
anyways, the 'stupid' thing is that all routines I could find for the
Ti85/86 use more than 2 buffers, which would make the whole thing
incompatible.

It could be that the interrupt port though behaves the same as on the Ti85,
there is still no good docs on the ports the Ti83.

There is also some stuff in it (ti85 and ti86 z88dk greylib) that I don't
understand, it searches for a good place to put the second map (graybit2)
via reading the VAT and such. But I haven't found a single other Ti85/86
grayscale routine that does it this way too.

I think it's better if 'we' discuss these routines on the apropriate
mailinglists...

> Do pardon me if you only needed 83. It seemed as though you would
eventually
> have support for 83+ as well. I shall refrain from answering people's
> problems as I (mis)perceive them, since it appears my perceptions are so
> greatly offensive.

Okay, what the problem was, the Ti82 and Ti83+ routines weren't giving me
any problems (on VTI...) but the Ti83 version had this strange thing with
Ion. I couldn't think of anything in the interrupt that made Ion (v1.6) to
'uninstall', so I asked it here...

So far nobody has given any clue on what could be happening... :-(

If you/anybody-else would like it, I can also post my Ti82 (basicaly
gray82.inc) and Ti83+ routines at this list, I don't have problems with
them (at least as far as I know), but maybe you/people-around-here find
some opts or such.

	Henk Poley