[A83] Re: What the heck is RST???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: What the heck is RST???

> It's still my personal opinion that you're better off using FlashToRAM, or
> one of the other calls.  If you're in the middle of a two byte token, just
> load some more data from Flash :)

Well, I could check if the last byte is a 1stbyte and load another byte if so..

> Now that I know what, more specifically, you're trying to do, there's an
> additional problem with the port 7 stuff.  The ROM routines that convert
> tokens to text use system RAM, which wouldn't be available without bank1 set
> to the regular location.  And you *really* don't want to have all those
> routines in your app, because the location of the table of token strings is
> not necessarily static, so you'd have to have *all* the token strings in
> your program as well.
Didn't think about the token stuff...

> If you really, really, really don't want to use the ROM calls to read stuff
> from Flash, I think the way to go is what I think you originally mentioned,
> copy a routine to RAM, change the page in port 6, and read from there.

I'll try that first,
though I may be able to keep the code in ROM if I modify the code to load
it from the 8000h series...

> (You'll have to be sure that the archived variable doesn't run off into the
> reading manually, you have to worry about it).
Well, rom-page reswapping isn't the hard part, TI has even generously
supplied a routine for it :-)

--Peter-Martijn