[A83] Re: Interrupt troubles [83, Ion]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Interrupt troubles [83, Ion]

> Van: Kirk Meyer <kirk.meyer@colorado.edu>
>
> It doesn't look like this grayscale routine will work on the 83+ Silver
> Edition if the speed boost is enabled. I would think that with C programs
> you would definitely want the speed boost to be enabled.

Habbla?

Read the lines... It says "Interrupt troubles [83, Ion]", so Ti83... not
the Plus nor even the Silver Edition. BTW: I do know that this code is FAR
too
fast when running at 15MHz...

Anyways, if somebody has already a 6-and-15MHz greyscale interrupt routine,
I'd like to use that on the Ti83+.

We have different interrupt-install code for each machine, all memory areas
are located differently on the Ti82 (there you can only use APD_BUF for the
IV-table), Ti83 and Ti83+

The speed of calling the interrupt (the 160Hz you know) doesn't change
because of programming in C... Oh and when you set the boost on (for
example with ZMBOOST) things get blurred because things run too fast.

...I'm not H@ys...

> A few other notes:
> 	ld	h,a			; HL = $8787
> 	ld	l,a			;
> 	ld	(hl),$C3		; Put a JP IntProcStart at $8787
>
> ld h,a isn't necessary. It's set from the ldir.

Thank you.

> Be sure that you never ever make any ROM calls in your program or it will
> crash. Normally you would copy the whole interrupt routine into a RAM
area
> to avoid this.

The code you saw is all what's there, and I did know that you shouldn't do
ROM calls (at least not the 'special' ones) from within an interrupt

> DI isn't necessary at the beginning of the interrupt (interrupts already
> disabled), and RETI can be changed to RET at the end.

Okay, but it doesn't matter on the Ti8x'es (well... 4 clks...)
But I'll change it.

	Henk Poley