[A83] Re: cable power

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: cable power

>>My graphlink messes with my phone.  If the cable is near the
>>handset, there is a buzzing noise. It stops if I touch the tip
>>of the cable (ground pin?)
>
>No, the base is the ground pin. The top is the red-wire pin.
>Why does everybody *buy* graph link cables (that's what I understand)? It's
>far cheaper to buy them from me (20 guilders ~ $8). It's the BCC link cable
>from TICalc.

I _built_ mine, for like $3 from Radio shack (stuff was on sale, and I had
some old stuff at home).  Too bad my 89 came with a mad short cable, not
the deluxe cable that came with my 83, and now has one end 'missing' and
then replaced by a glued on 25-pin serial housing (more room!).  You have
to set 92's top to top to use it.