[A83] Re: halt + nop

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: halt + nop

HALT waits for the next interrupt, which takes 1/200th seconds, and uses
less power than normal processing.  Don't use HALT unless interrupts are
enabled (EI).  HALT is often used in delays and before getting keys from the
keyboard.

NOP does nothing.  Nothing.  NOP is useful if you need a delay with
interrupts disabled, or when you use self modifying code.  For example, if
you need to comment out code while a program is running, you replace it with
NOPs.