Re: A83: Re: question about moving programs around

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: question about moving programs around

SOS / TI-Explorer load the libs this way:

- it looks through the program, and searches vor the vector table...
- gets the vector and lib of the used function(s)
- searches the lib (and stores the adress)
- gets the pointer to the routine from the lib (the libs have a .org 0000h, so
pointers are relative to the start of the dll)
- it adds the adress of the lib to the pointer
- and puts a 'jp [function's adress]' on a pre-defined memory-adress (based on
the vector)

programs can call this vector, it jumps to the code within the lib (code should
have no abolute jumps/calls/storage vars). After the routine is done, it
returns back to the program.

programs should not move other programs / memory around, because the lib could
be moved which will cause an incorrect vector table...