A83: weird ROM...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: weird ROM...

I discovered this while working on how the TI-OS works with BASIC
programs, how it runs them, where are stored pointers etc. but over all, what
stuff is happening when the TI-OS is running and that the user does
something (this is vague, I know). All this work is for ZeS, if someone cares...
I came out with a 14 bytes handle, where are stored 7 pointers, plus 7 "copies".
Some of these pointers are addresses where the TI-OS is jumping if something
special is done (like pressing the [graph] key). They are like a scheme that
the TI-OS must fallow, and they change if you are in the MEM menu or editing
a program. So I started searching where in the ROM were stored the "originals"
pointers... I found them, but not directly... the weird stuff begins here.
These pointers were accessible from the VTI debugger, but when I tried to get
them from an ASM program, wow!?