A83: ionPutSprite question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: ionPutSprite question

Hello Everyone!
I am that new asm guy who asked the variable question. I am making a game in
asm (it's an 83+, remember that), and I am having trouble with the
ionputsprite routine. Every time I run the program and press the button to
start the game (2nd), it quits back to ion. I am sure that ionputsprite is
the problem, because when I deleted it, it didn't quit.
Here is the code for this section:

gmrun:
	bcall(_getk)
	cp	gleft
	jr	z,mvlft
	cp	gright
	jr	z,mvrght
	cp	gclear
	jr	start

gmrun2:
	ld	b,6
	ld	hl,carx
	ld	a,(hl)
	inc	hl
	ld	l,(hl)
	ld	ix,crsprt
	jp	ionPutSprite    ; problem here?
	jr	gmrun

I think it may have something to do with jr gmrun, but I am not sure. Also,
does anoyone know what the ld b,6 is for (I used falldown for a lot of
help)?

Maybe this isn't enough code to show the problem, so I included the full
source. It's short for a program, but too long for an email. It is supposed
to show a car that you can move back and forth when you start the game.
Anyway, thank you everyone.

                       Appreciate the help,
                       Nicholas Reichert