A83: Re: Linux Z80 Compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Linux Z80 Compiler

I think WSA DX is what you call a "assembler" not a compiler.

z88dk is a C "compiler"...
C is a higher language that is easier to write/understand than Assembler,
the compiler translates that language to assembler. There are off course
good and bad compilers, some of them create bloated code others don't.

And, yes indeed, z88dk is good compiler, it even has some rudimentary ti-86
support and others (Ti-82/83(+)/85) could be added as well. I've posted
this info (and the info of some other compilers) about 2 months ago.

There are really some good Z80 C-compilers around on the internet, like the
one on: http:/gbdk.sourceforge.net/ , a compiler for the GameBoy, but also
for the standard Z80 processor.

Anyone want to help porting one of those? (even making the compiler to run
on the Ti-83+ Silver Edition, 1.5 megs should be enough don't you think...)

BTW: it cant be 'better than TASM' because that isn't a compiler, and z88dk
isn't an assembler (well it certainly has got an assembler, but that
doesn't optimize or be anything 'better' than TASM, ûh well linking
..maybe...)