Re: A83: Re: Ion 1.4 vs Ion 1.6

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Ion 1.4 vs Ion 1.6

Dan Englender wrote:

> >From what I understand of your description, this is very similar to the
> (new) Ion loader, except that the Ion loader loads in increments of 768
> bytes like you mentioned, making it significantly faster for large programs.
> I think any of the create/modify/delete stuff that you can do in Ice you
> should be able to do with the new Ion loader (that means Ion 1.5 and later).
>
> -Dan Englender

Well I can't say if my loader is the same as Ions as it's anterior (Ion
1.0 I believe) though I once checked the source, Joe's coding if far
from being my cup of tea. As for the memory moving part, I've received
an endless amount of people complaining that programs decompressed with
XZip (a compression program of mine) don't show up in Ion whereas they
do in Ice. Also if I read well, that may be due to the Module loading
code?