[A83] Re: A83: Need a vertical clipping AND sprite routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: A83: Need a vertical clipping AND sprite routine

I forget that you don't use a double buffer on the 83.  However, my original
comment still stands.  And it would not be slow.  In fact, you would not
lose any speed at all (on the 85/86 you would lose a very trivial amount).
When you are outputting the screen to display controller, complement each
byte before writing it.  This inverts the screen.  There is no copying
involved (and with a true double buffer, there wouldn't be any extra copying
involved, you would be merely copying by hand instead of using ldir).

> Yeah, inverting would be VERY slow, also, you would have to do INVERT,
COPY