Re: A83: Using Interups, and strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Using Interups, and strings

> >ld hl,text1
> >
> >bcall(_puts)

As far as I know the problem on the Ti-83 is that the so called "jumptable"
can be switched by another ROM-page (and so does the second
ROM-page-bank/slot). What happens in an interupt: the program stops (maybe
from within let's say a FP-routine) and your interupt is executed, but if
the program (or TIOS) was executing a routine from another ROM-page, that
was banked upon the jumptable-page (the first paging-slot, 0000h-7FFFh) you
call somewhere on that page, maybe in the midst of a routine and the
outcome wouldn't be very predictable.

Don't know if this is THE exact story so correct me if I'm wrong (don't
even know if the Ti-83+ has this same "problem").

	Henk Poley

PS: Already looked at "TIOS Plus"? It's some sort of interupt where you can
make plugins (modules, like modules for Ion), your module (and the others)
is executed, and you can check if 'your' key was pressed, and do the thing
toy want it to do (powerdown, bring up a menu, fake mem cleared, etc, etc).
The program is now to download at Ticalc.org (and I didn't make it)