Re: A83: Calling All Great Programers Part IV!! Or anyone else that owns

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Calling All Great Programers Part IV!! Or anyone else that owns an 83+

Yeah try holding Clear when inserting the battery, though never anything
that bad has happened to me!!
Only once I wanted to send an app to the calc, and I accidentally sent the
wrong file which was an app which I was messing around with, and instead of
telling me that it needed a certificate, the calc reset by itself, and gave
me the please send calc software screen, and I had to resend it... I used
the Graphlink.
But then one day, my link port started not working, just like that, from one
time to the next, I couldn't even send a single file, trying different thing
I noticed that the problem was a hardware one !! I brought the calc back to
the shop, and they didn't even open it saying that it was broken physically,
and they couldn't do anything about it... so I had to open my calc, and
resolder some broken solder pieces, at that point my link port was working
correctly again... then one day by accident my brother pulled the Graphlink
out by accident, and bent the thing, and my link port still works although
sometimes I have to hold the cable sideways for it to work well....

So all this comes down to: your link problem could come from software, but
don't exclude the fact it could come from hardware...

-Nicolas Gilles