Re: A83: Re: Another idea for greyscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Another idea for greyscale

In accordance with the prophecy, David Phillips uttered:

> If the display controller had more than 1k of ram (1.5k would be enough),
> then you could store two pages in the display controller and quickly switch
> between them.  But since it doesn't you could only do half a screen this
> way.
>
> > FWIW, I had an idea for a TI-83 greyscale implementation once, but I think
> > tried it out and was disappointed. Anyway, it involved the hardware
> scroll. If
> > you want 3-colour greyscale, you probably try to flick between two images
> as
> > fast as possible.  But what if the second image was the same as the first,
> but
> > rotated 32 lines downwards?

Well, yes you can use all of the screen, but you won't be able to display
anything you want. My idea involved doing more complex hardware scroll jumping,
so that the top half of the screen wouldn't necessarily be a mirror of the
bottom half.

Linus
X Windows: A terminal disease.

Follow-Ups: References: