RE: A83: an idea for greyscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: an idea for greyscale

When coding for the VGA (or DirectX), you create a backbuffer and draw to
that, when finished drawing, you copy the whole stuff to the display, to
prefend the screen to flicker.... THAT's the same thing we do for the calc:
draw to an offscreen-buffer, and when finished copy the whole stuff to the
display (using fastcopy)...

if we would write directly to the display it would flicker... (and besides
that, it's vary usefull to have a buffer with the current screendata, IE for
plotting masked sprites; it would be much slower to constantly read our data
from the display)

Follow-Ups: References: