Re: A83: TI COLOR!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: TI COLOR!!!!

> How about the red-lines? I didn't get them...
>
>     Peter Martijn

Maybe they are caused by difraction?

Maybe you've seen something like this on (old) color-LCD displays. If you
look from the side of the screen, you see the "rest" of the color. Let's
say the color "in front" is blue, then you'll see yellow and red if you
look at the sides of the screen.

Another explanation: Normaly the LCD is quite slow, so the crystals (LCD =
Liquid Crystal Display) have time enough to reach the right polarisation to
block all the light. When you speed up the refresh-rate the crystals don't
have time enough to switch entierly, so you see blue (only red an yellow
are blocked/difracted). Taking up the speed some higher you could see red.

Maybe you'll need really fresh batteries to see the "reddish form".

	Henk Poley

BTW: The new Ti-83s (ROM v1.10001) have a blue LCD, so seeing the red lines
will be impossible on that calc (I think).